• In the Spotlight:

how can i make dinner rolls from scratch?

let me know the recipes you have.

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 7:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• It is called a cook book..Or get a recipe on line.

Answer by louise2 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Harsh! It sounds like she is looking for a TNT recipe; since you don't have one, you did not need to respond.
    Dinner Rolls
    4 to 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour in all of my baking
    1 package or 2 1/2 tsp yeast
    1 cup milk (plant or animal)
    1/3 cup sugar (whatever sugar you use; I use succanat)
    1/3 cup butter,magerine, or shorteneing ( I use butter)
    1 tsp salt
    2 eggs
    In large mixer bowl, combine 2 cups flour and the yeast. In saucepan heat milk, sugar, butter and salt just til warm (115 to 120 degrees) and butter is almost melted. stir constantly. Add to flour mixture; add eggs. Beat at low speed of electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping sides of bowl constatly. Beat 3 minutes at high speed. Stir in as much remaining flour as you can mix in with a spoon. Turn out onto a floured surface.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Kneed in enought remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Shap into a ball. Place in a greased bowl: turn once. Cover, let rise in a warm place til double (about 1 hour). Punch down. divide dough in half. cover and let rest 10 minutes. On a lightly floured surace roll each half of dough into a 12 inch circle. Brush with melted butter. With pizza cutter, cut each circle into 12 wedges. To shape, begin at wide end and roll toward point. Place point down 2-3 inches apart on
    greased baking sheet. Let rise and bake in a 400 degree oven about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Before cooling, butter tops.

• you can also buy frozen yeast roll dough and just let it thaw and rise. They taste homemade
    Anonymous