Gay rights? = benefits?

Here's the deal we want to whine about everything we don't have so now it's my turn. Federal government, and Disney and so many others allow "life partners" to be on each other's medical plans and get benefits but I had to mail a copy of my legal marriage certificate before I could be covered on my husbands union insurance. Go figure.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They cannot just say that they are partners and have those benefits. They still have to go through proper channels and are investigated. You can send in a marriage license and everything is smooth but they have to PROVE their unions. Let's see, having to mail in my marriage license or having to fight for my right to be acknowledged as having a "legal union?" I will take sending in the license for $200, Alex.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 9:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Legalize gay marriage and they will have to mail their marriage certificates also...problem solved.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 7:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• and do you have a point? or is it just to whine and go poor me poor me? be thankful you even have insurance unlike alot of America.. that fall into the work hard(job dont have insurance, yet make way to much for PA for medical).. be thankful for what you have sit down shut up and get off the pity train
    Anonymous

• Everyone has to send a copy to be placed on their spouses insurance. That is one of the reasons we need to legalize gay marriage.
    Anonymous

• agree with all 3 posts
    Anonymous

• me 2
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 8:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Or how about I just go gay and I don't have to show proof of anything. I guess having three kids with a man and starting a family with him isn't enough.
    Anonymous

• Why should I stop whining? Everyone else whines around here?
    Anonymous

• Legalize gay marriage. Problem solved.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Ditto
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2009