i took my daughter to urgent care cause shes thrown up about 7 times so far today and

has diarrhea every 20 min and a temp of 102...shes only 4 months. Turns out she has gastroenteritis. I guess its really contagious they wouldnt even let me have her in the room, i had to be in a seperate room by myself with her.

anyones child ever have this? if so, how long did it last?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son had some kind of stomach virus at about 7 months and he never had a fever but he had diarrhea and vomiting every hour or so. It lasted 11 days and let me tell you those were the worst 11 days of my life! I was really starting to think he would never get better, but of course he did. Hope your baby feels better soon :-)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• my child has never had anything like that but i jus wanted to say i hope your baby feels better and ill be praying for you...u poor mommy
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My mom did, does. I know it's my mom and not my baby, but trust me, after being her care giver for a while because of her illnesses I know how frustrating it is. What the doctor told me is that we all have this in our system, but some people just are not able to control. When we visited her in the hospital we had to wear gowns, gloves and masks. The kids were not able to see her at all. She has been taking antibiotics for it, but it takes a while to get out of the system. I am so sorry you have go through this. Especially since she is so young. I hope she gets better soon.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• its actually a virus that she got its not something that is uncontrollable its a virus that she got. :( i feel so bad for her, shes such a happy baby its sad to see her in so much pain.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Yeah, if it's viral then gastroenteritis is just the stomach flu really. But in a little one it can be miserable. My daughter had it as a baby and it lasted a couple days or a little more. Sometimes it will last a lot longer. It sounds like krissyvelazquez was talking about the bacterial kind which needs antibiotics and hospitalization.

Anonymous

• Your poor baby....I hope she feels better soon. Please give her a hug and kiss from me.
    What course of action did the doctor take? Is she on any medications or did they tell you to give her Tylenol and Pedialyte in very small amounts? Hugs to you, too, because you'll be a nervous wreck watching your baby go through this and very tired through it all. She will feel better, though, just don't rush it.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2009