sugar was given to my one month old.

my daughter has really bad reflexs and she was with her father and his aunt gave her sugar because her doctor said she could do the same with her son. My daughter has been spitting up and i dont know if its the sugar or reflexs. has anyone heard of that? and how could you tell

kadybby

Asked by kadybby at 8:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They use sugar water in the NICU for this purpose. It's fine. Just don't over kill on it. Enfamil actually makes some.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• No but I wouldn't let her give sugar.My child got diarreha for days after it.It was one lick of sugar cream filling. Never did it again that young.
    Anonymous

• would it be upsetting her stomach because she just keeps spitting up excess amouts
    kadybby

Answer by kadybby at 8:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• No, actually they use it to stop vomiting and diarrhea in infants. If it is pure, ,like the enfamil brand you would be fine, cream filling is a little different then that.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• If your that worry about her spitting up call her doctor and see what they have to say. I personally think that shes fine. But, Who the hell does his aunt think she is?! My DD had bad reflex at that age and we change her forumla to the enfamil gentlease. You may want to try that if shes bottle feed.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2009