My 2 years old boy is full of energy is there any sport I can put him on?

Vero529

Asked by Vero529 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can see if you can find a mommy and me program. That's all I can think of that could get his energy out at that age. You may be able to put him in dance classes or gymnastics. But I don't think there's anything else sporty he can do.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Gymnastics or maybe have him play kick ball in the yard with him or just let him run around the yard or park.

Anonymous

• When my son was 2 we did a mommy and me tumbling class. It was once a week for 30 minutes. My son also started Tae Kwon Do at the age of 2, but he was an older 2, potty trained, and had the ability to be away from me for 45 minutes and listen to the instructor. That really helped him with his energy. Other than that, there are not many programs for 2 year olds for sports. I would check into getting a membership at a place that has moon bouncers, soft tumbling areas, etc. There are a few in my area like that I took my son to and let him run out his energy. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Do you have a Little Gym around you? If you do that might be something to consider.
    K.Lacy

Answer by K.Lacy at 8:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Thank you for all the advices !!!!! I think I'm going to try the little gym anyone knows if I have to leave him there and then pick him up or if I have to stay with him ? Because I also have a baby girl of 9 months and I need to know what am I going to do with her ? any ideas?
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• get him a childs tee ball plastic set. does he have a big wheel tri-cycle? just a few ideas off the top of my head.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• In Charlotte we have "spraygrounds"! They are the most wonderful things ever invented for a mom! Check your counties parks and rec and see what they offer! We go to the sprayground almost daily and I can't tell you how worn out my very active 2 year old and almost one year old are after an hour or two at the sprayground! I also take mommy and me yoga with my daughter and there are a bunch of little boys there too! Lucy sleeps like a log after that!
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 10:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Yep - look for some mommy and me classes. He's still too young for organized sports and everything that involves: listening to a coach, taking turns, following directions from a referee, sharing balls and things with the other kids.

My city's parks department has lots of classes: gymnastics for toddlers, PlayBall classes, ice skating classes, even the art classes are organized around a toddlers high energy and low attention span.
    Also try Little Gym, Gymboree, and all the others like them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I have a very active boy who is now 4. We spent a lot of time going to the park where there were other kids. And if I had a few dollars, I'd find an eating place with a play area. He just needed to run! He still does. In the summer I would set up the sprinkler in the backyard and his small kiddie pool. Hours of fun there!
    SewingVeronica

Answer by SewingVeronica at 7:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2009