Is it legal to light fireworks today?

My DH and I took our DD to a fireworks show, we were going to light our fireworks after but we were really tired and so was our DD so we just went back to our camp ground. We have over $100 worth of fire works and we are wondering if it is legal to light them tonight since they can still sell them til the 6th???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Holidays

• It depends on your local laws, call the police department in your town and they'd be happy to tell you. It's different EVERYWHERE. We could only light fireworks off for a few hours legally.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• you can set off fireworks all year long...we do it every year for my sons birthday on the 23rd..... as long as ur state dont have laws against cretin fire works its fine... like NC has a law that u can fire off 16 shot fire works (the kind they use in nycity. but other than that its fine
    Anonymous

• It varies from city to city. In most cities fireworks are illegal because they are very dangerous. Check with your local police department before you risk a very large ticket. In some places they are over $500 and possible jail time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• well I live in South Carolina. They shoot fireworks off legally all year here.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 16, 2009