anyone else

so anyone else get nervous in huge crowds? i was at the park to watch the fireworks and my boyfriend wanted to go to the store real quick and get me bug spray cuz i didnt have any and i thought id be ok...well i wasnt lol...but i started getting mad cuz he wanted me and my daughter to stay at the park while he went and got it...and i was gettin mad cuz im thinkin are you freakin kidding me...do you know how easy it would be for someone to jus snatch us up ...main concern was someone snatchin my daughter from me...i mean think about it we're easy prey...young 23 yr old mom with a 2 yr old daughter...if that doesnt scream headlines idk what does...and i got mad...and i guess he wasnt understanding why i got mad until today when i told him. but he is always the one tellin me to be careful and plus he knows i have some anxiety problems. plus thats any moms fear...but does it ever get to you that bad that you start getting mad?

kuuipo317

Asked by kuuipo317 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i wont be left alone somewhere in public either i am always scared of huge crowds, sometimes it gets so bad that if me and my 4 years daughter come home and the house is dark i wont go upstairs until my SO gets home i am just scared someone is waiting to hurt us. so i think you had every right to get mad he cant just leave you somewhere alone.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• p.s. after that we had a great time and i relaxed since we stayed together..went to the store together and everything. i loved watchin fireworks with him as a family.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I do sometimes the trick is not letting your DD know. I got robbed 9 months ago and I was home and after that I was scared to sleep at night. After awhile I realized I needed some anti-anxiety medicine because my daughter could tell I was scared (even though I thought I hid it) and couldn't sleep either. You don't need her getting upset and having the same problem some day.
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 8:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I went on prozac for this reason, among a few others... I take 40 mg/day and it helps some. You might want to talk to your Dr, there are a lot of options.. GL
    Anonymous

• idk ive never really wanted to take any kind of medicine for it..one cuz i dont believe in the whole..you got a problem its ok take medicine..im not like that and second of all again i have anxiety i dont take any medicine im not familiar with cuz i always worry about side effects or like feeling weird. i jus dont do it...i dont believe in takin pills...only pill i ever take is like advil or tylenol and i dont think those 2 can cure anxiety lol...and i dont think theres any vitamin for it either. so ive learned to deal with it over the yrs...but when it comes to my daughter and thinkin what if.....then my anxiety gets the best of me
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Trust me I understand I wasn't judging just telling you how I had to deal. Crowds and everything got a lottle easier becaue I kept thinking if I can survive what I went through I can do anything but sleeping is still an issue.
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 9:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• oh i know im just saying that i dont believe in taking medicine...but yeah it sux...i mean over the yrs ive gotten so much better dealing with my anxiety but when it comes to my daughter it doesnt matter...i get nervous and get anxiety fast
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• no.. I normally like crowds.. :). The fireworks were a blast for me.. because I knew everyone behind the scenes and a lot of people there. Its more like a family event for us, because of our small town.

but if I lived in a city area.. I'd probably feel the same way, it's a lot different when you know most of those in the crowd, than being around nobody you really know.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• yea thats very true..cuz like you said in small towns everyone knows eachother but in a huge crowd you dont know these people or what they are capable of or if theres a perve hiding in the crowd or some kind of crazy person. and bein around so many strangers is nerve wrecking for me
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I have anxiety attacks when I am in large crowds or high traffic areas. It's not that I'm afraid that something bad will happen to me, it's just that I feel trapped, closed in, and suffocated. It's hard to explain, but as soon as I am away from the crowd or out of the busy traffic, I breathe easier and my heartbeat begins to regulate back to normal again eventually.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2009