Little Swimmers

They definitely don't keep poo from making a huge mess!

Has anyone found another swim solution for toddlers that doesn't allow water in?

timelessglass

Asked by timelessglass at 8:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is no good solution. Part of it depends on how well the diaper fits. Even then, no matter how well it fits, as the baby twists and turns gaps will form around different parts of the legs. That lets water inside the diaper. Generally, they are designed to keep fairly solid poop contained in the minutes it takes mom to notice and get the kid out of the pool. If a baby still has runny or mushy poop, nothing will help. If the baby has diareha, then he shouldn't be in the pool for at least 10 days from the last runny poop.

I-play does make swim pants that you can wash -
    http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductBrand.asp?Brand=1072&gclid=CJuH8NuFwJsCFRYiagodOlSxBQ
    but again, they will still gap a little as the child moves around.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• they do make baby swimsuits with liners. Used to be way more common, now I can only find them at babies r us online.

Answer by missanc at 9:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I don't think that there is an easier solution. We have 2 swimsuits both with built in diaper bottoms. When we us our community pool I use a swim diaper underneath the swim suit just for added protection but at the neighbors house I only use the swim suit.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2009