If your child grew up to be something you were totally against would you still love them? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i wouldn't let him put a red-white-blue donkey anywhere on the property!! LOL
    of course, he'd still be the love of my life..i would just have to cancel out his votes.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Even if my child grew up to be a serial killer, I would still love them.

I'm not too sure you can 'do anything' if they are adults because they make their own decisions. You simply have to love them and accept them.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I will ALLWAYS love my son, even if I dont like his actions.
    My mom, a missinary, was not so happy when I was a knocked up bar waitress..lol but she still loved me......nad luckily I turned things around
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I'm not too sure you can 'do anything' if they are adults because they make their own decisions. You simply have to love them and accept them.

Disown them, cut yourself off, hate them, yell at them, argue, there are lots of things parents could do. From what I've seen not all parents accept them.
    Anonymous

• I will still love my daughter no matter what.

Her actions I would not approve of, but she is still the love of my life.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I WILL ALWAYS LOVE MY SON NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES OR BECOMES
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 9:20 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Well Anon, that's WRONG IMO. If you really love someone, you will accept them faults and all no mater what asinine decisions they make in life.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:20 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Love and support my son in whatever it is...it is not my life to live out in my son. He is my son, it is his life when he turns 18 to do whatever he likes. But if it is drugs I would do everything in my power to make him stop messing with that crap.My son is 10, he is wise and we have talked about this. But what the future holds for my son...only God knows and I know if it is drugs I will not allow them to harm my child no matter what. Now if it is gay, dressing like a woman or being a stripper well, that is his choose his life....not mine. All I can do is support and love him in the way he choose to live his life.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 9:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I never said it was right, I just felt as if you were attempting to correct me or something. I was just looking for honest answers from people on what they would do. Not everyone does things that way. That's all I'm saying.
    Anonymous

• I will always love them but that doesn't mean I have to support what they do.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2009