ovarian cysts

this is gonna sound silly, but oh well. lol
Does anyone know if ovarian cysts are disturbed by menstration? I used to get depo and I stopped and am having my first real period in 3 years. I know I have several small and one large ovarian cyst. I am in SOOO much pain. The pain is there no matter what, but Is worse/sharp if I lean forward or back, sit down, or walk. It brought me to my knees just going to the kitchen.
Thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Health

• My cysts typically rupture during menstruation. I have had them so bad that I had to have an ovary removed. You may want to talk to your doc about them. There are things that they can do to help minimize them as well as the pain.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• if your in that much pain you need to see your doctor about them. i had one when i was younger and it ruptured when i had sex. i was in alot of pain for probably a week.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I had my right ovary removed in 1998 because I had 1 that was 2 times the size of the ovary. Mine would hurt more when I was on my period.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2009