31 weeks w/ twins.. How can I tell?

OK.. I have been pregnant before.. I have had 4 children.. this time is completely different though... I am 31 weeks with twins.. I am wondering if there is any way to tell if it's just normal aches and pains from the weight of twins or could it be labor? I think that I overdid it a bit today. But I am having cramping, lower back pain, pressure in my bottom, etc. Now I know that all these things are normal things, especially since there are 2 in there, and one of the 2 is transverse breech right above my pelvic bone. But I am just scared... With my last I felt like I really had to go to the bathroom really bad... I kept trying to go... when nothing was coming out I went to the E.R. got there at 515 am and delivered my son by 540 am... I don't want to keep thinking it's just twin aches and pains and it be labor... Is there any sure sign I can look for... ?? I don't know.. just need to relieve my mind I guess... I am tired of the doctor always saying everything is normal..

JustMeTiff

Asked by JustMeTiff at 2:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When in doubt check it out is always a good motto to go by with twins. You just never know. I would also suggest drinking a large glass of water then laying down on your side for a while to see if it eases up any. If you did overdo it, you could have started contracting so if the pains continue, I would have it checked just to be sure. In the meantime, slow down and rest as much as possible. Drink lots of water and keep your feet up.
    There were days when I felt like I had tons of energy and would clean and do other things around the house. But I always paid for it later. Once when I really over did it, it took two days for me to recoop. Even though you're feeling up to it, just remind yourself that you aren't physically able to do all you did before and it's better if you rested than to have a sparkling house.
    LuvMyTwins407

Answer by LuvMyTwins407 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• when in doubt check it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I agree, at least call your hospital and they'll transfer you to a nurse practitioner who will either tell you that you're fine and relax or to come in so they can check.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 3:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• my doctor said its normal to feel pain and presure once you hit 30 weeks
    babymama1808

Answer by babymama1808 at 3:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Why are you looking for your doc to say it's abnormal?? If it's normal, then it's fine, and nothing to stress out about. Don't go looking for trouble where there is none.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i went into labor at 32 weeks. i just felt achy all over and my tummy was hurting and i layed down torest and it didnt help so i called doc and ended up in hospital. they stopped it and i got put on bedrest after that. try laying down and if it odesnt help, call your doc.
    aidanstwins

Answer by aidanstwins at 9:42 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have to agree with aidanstwins. I had gone to my doc appt at 32 weeks and everything looked great. Three days later I woke up with my lower back hurting bad. I had been having Braxton Hicks but everytime I lied down the lower back pain was unbearable. Hubby called the hospital (weekend) they said to drink 8 oz of water and lie down for 30 min. and see if the pain went away. When I laid down they came harder and stronger I had 5 contractions in 20 mins. We decided to go to the hospital, what was the worst that would happen? They would send me home right, that's not what happend. I was admitted and had the kids 2 days later. Good Luck, it is entirely possible that you over did it like you said and if that is the case sit down relax and take care of yourself. You don't have too much further to go.
    dubltym

Answer by dubltym at 9:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i think thats all normal sweetie
    williamjacob

Answer by williamjacob at 7:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I think its all normal but I never had twins I do have two great kids but not twins check with your Doctor they should be able to tell you and or do an ultrasound.
    carolinagirl36

Answer by carolinagirl36 at 8:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2008