water break smell?

Does the water when your water break smell funny or have any kinda smell? And does it have to be a gush?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my daughter wich was my 1st pregnancy was a leak down my leg not a gush had no smell was clear! my son they broke my water so it was a gush all depends on how u are positioned when it happens good luck
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Well i went to the bathroom and pee'd . Then i went back to finish cooking and i didn't even have to pee but felt a twinkle and went to the bathroom and i had a water spot in my panties. but it hasn't happened no more how would i know if it was my water breaking any signs? and it didn't smell like pee (sorry if TMI)
    Anonymous

• It's probably not your water. I peed and it didn't smell like anything either. When my water broke, it gave way!! It's way different, you'll see what I mean when it happens.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• you could have anything from a slow leak(which can be a little gush when ur moving esp when u change positions) to a huge gush which youll definately know..and i have read it can smell like ajax, bleach, or have a sweet smell to it like hay...
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• smells like bleach or amonia supposedly
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Would i not have contractions even with a leak maybe? Or should i just call up to the doctors and ask them. This is my first pregnancy so sometimes i dont know what to do.
    Anonymous

• no smell - dribbling not gushing for me

Answer by admckenzie at 10:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Contractions can make you pee too. And there was no smell for me.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• i was told by my docter that it has a amonia smell....kinda like cleaner...and no it doesnt have to gush the babies head can put alot of pressure when it is head down and it sometimes can come a little at a time i was told....good luck :)
    jo_jo453

Answer by jo_jo453 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• if iit is just leaking would i have contractions with it? because through my pregnancy i've had only a few contractions and the doctors had said at my last visit they were waiting on real contractions to start up or my water to break.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2009