Does anyone else have a pretty disfunctional family?

Or am I the only one? everytime we go up to my parents house its a big fight...

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• YES my fiance and I both have disfunctional familys! I know how it is hang in their!
    Anonymous

• My family is the poster family for dysfunction

Answer by admckenzie at 10:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Not terribly dysfunctional. I grew up feeling loved by both parents. I was never molested or abused. I think a pretty normal family. I have some cousins though who are real duzies.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My family fights all the time!!!! Every family fights. There is no perfect family. We all love each other and will always be there for one another but some just cant get along. Believe me you are not alone.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My family is horribly wacked. No one talks to my dad (4 of us kids), and 2 kids don't talk to my mom. My brothers aren't speaking to each other. Drama drama drama. I don't talk to my parents because they are both drama queens (divorced though) and I am good on the drama. My brothers are old enough that if they wanna talk to me they can so i don't have to play nice w my mom anymore. That's really nice
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My family is pretty hush-hush about the dysfunction - they all hate eachother but keep a smile on during gatherings. My inlaws, however... Well, they are vocally and obscenely dysfunctional. When I met my husband (when we were teens) I was absolutely shocked because his mom, sister, and he would trade rude insults ("Shut up, bitch", and "God, you are an asshole") constantly, no matter who was around, and fight constantly... Come to think of it, they still do that. DH's dad's house is constantly full of drunk bikers and stoned kids (DH's dad is in a biker gang and his sis sells pot out of the house), and his grandparents are not exactly the type that have "filters" during dinner, if you get my drift... Yeah, we could make a movie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Immediate family, no. My brothers and my moms are all great people, however my mom is the youngest of nine children and I can say that I grew up with a large family of dysfunctional people that really should have sought mental help. We moved states by the time I hit adulthood and escaped much of the drama, thankfully. As an adult I won't deal with most of that side of the family, I have certain members that I'll allow my children around however it would be a toxic environment to be around my entire family at once and there are many I refuse to build or re-build any relationship with. My children and husband are my top priority and I really do not want them exposed to what I had to be around as a child.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2009