frstrated having contractions

I have been watching my contractions all day and they have become more frequent and more painfull by the hour! went to the hospital and they sent me back home after they did that weired 10 second test and it came up negetive. meaning nothing was going to happen in the next two weeks. I am on nyfedepin was supposed to take it every 6 hours and now I am supposed to take it every 4 hours. still these contractions are there and hurting like hell. can someone explain what is going on?

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 9:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like braxton hicks time them if they become more closer stronger then i would suggest go back to the er and tell them its hurting you that bad but i think it could be braxton hicks try so water could be your uterus is dry and it is spasming out good luck!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• they said I was highdrated and have been messuring them they are still coming every 5-10 min. meds don't seem to be helping. been on meds for 3 weeks now cause went into premature labor when I was 29 weeks along. they didn't even say report back to my doc by tomorrow
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 9:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• How far along are you? Are they worried that this is preterm labor? If they are longer, stronger, and closer together, then you know it's for real. If it's BH then drink a ton of water and try to rest for a while. Change your position, if you have been sitting up then lay down. Don't be shy, if you are still miserable in a little while call your OB and let them know. I don't know what "10 second test" you are talking about, but it sounds weird that they can determine that "nothing is going to happen for another two weeks" by 10 seconds! Don't be afraid to make them give you a second opinion!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2009