Has anyone taken the Medical Assistant Program at Lincoln Tech or Porter & Chester?

I will be going to school to become a Medical Assistant and was curious about your thought on these two schools. Personal Experience, Pros/Cons. Thanks!

SMatos

Asked by SMatos at 9:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right choice for you.
    When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools

Answer by rkoloms at 7:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2009