whats a good curfew for a 13 year old?

mybabyjr

Asked by mybabyjr at 9:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Dark. Unless there is a specific activity, pre-arranged.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Well, in most states the curfew is 11pm for anyone under the age of 18 unless they are coming home from a school event or work. They only way they can be out longer besides then is if they are with their parents. But I would say 9pm would be a good time. I had a curfew growing up of 9pm until I was 16 then it went to 10:30pm. But you never know what your kids maybe doing these day and on school nights it best to get a good nights rest in order to function in school better the next day.
    Chize

Answer by Chize at 10:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• dark, unless they are at a specific event. I guess I'd say 9 maybe 10
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I would say 9pm, unless you are outside with them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I never gave my daughter a general curfew....every situation was different, so it depended on where she was going and what she was doing. I never liked general curfews....wouldn't you rather do it on a case by case basis?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:02 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• WHAT!!! no later than 8pm, and no phone calls after 7 on weekdays and non later than 9pm on weekends.. Dont give them and inch they will take a mile.. no matter how great of a kid they are..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 10:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My SS is 14, almost 15 and if he is in the neighborhood he can stay out til 9pm. But there have been occasions where he stayed out later. It has always depended on where we lived and what he was going to be doing.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• ok to arliebeeme...or what ever your name is, I feel sorry for your child. Give them a inch they will take a mile? when your a mom of a teen you have to pick and choose your battles! You can not tell them no to everything...nine is perfectly fine to have them come in especially when its summer time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• if theyre going to a movie that doesnt get out until midnight then midnight. if theyre just hanging out at a friends house and they have no school the next day, i think 11 is fine. if you try and control them too much, theyre going to rebel.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009