If your child was choking or hurt really bad would you know what to do?(besides 911)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes. I took a child cpr and first aid class before my son was even born.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I can do the hemlich and cpr.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I took them too. The question should be if you would be able to stay calm enough to do what was needed.
    My sister is a wonderful mom but if one of her kids is hurt she falls to pieces completely. She can not function. Her oldest cut his finger, it wasn't bad at all and she almost passed out because of the blood, she was screaming that we needed to call 911 and put a tourniquet on it. It was a very minor cut, all it needed was a good washing and a band aid. lol
    Take the classes and keep your head!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Yes, i would know what to do.
    I'm an RN working in the NICU department..soo...I'd hope so! :]
    Anonymous

• Yes. I am infant CPR and First Aid certified.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My daughter has choked about once a week from the time she started eating until about three months ago. I will admit the first time I freaked out and ran her to my mom (she was only like 18 months at the time, and we were at my mom's house.) Since then I've handled it calmly on my own. I do freak out more than needed when she gets hurt, but I'm normally very calm until it's handled and then I spaze. lol
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I've seen my daughter having a seizure so the other stuff is a cake walk for me

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• im a pediatric nurse myself so i hope so 2!
    Anonymous

• Yes I took a class and am certified. :-) But I think most people know the general gist of the Heimlich maneuver.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• well i haven't taken formal classes or been certified, but i've read and watched videos on it. i ask myself this a lot. i don't do well in scary situations. i'm a panic person.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2009