Earache!!!

My 17 year old daughter has a really bad earache. She cant stand it anymore. Do any of you have any home remedies that you know of for this. And what kind of OTC medication can help .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• My mom always put peroxide in our ears. I've heard to blow cigarette smoke in the ear. Call a pharmacist or an ER nurse and ask. Meanwhile give her some Motrin for any inflammation

Answer by admckenzie at 10:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• wash out her ear w/ peroxide or ear wash & give her tylenol or motrin for pain & inflammation. cigg smoke in the ear is a temporary fix...
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Ibuprofen for the pain. If it is causing that much pain, take her to the ER. Her eardrum can burst and that is very painful. That happened to my friends son and his ear bled and he was in a ton of pain.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• what works for me %100 of the time.

1 part rubbing alcohol (it will dry up any moisture in there, moisture causes bacteria to grow)

1 part white or apple vineger (vineger kills the bacteria or any other germs in there, the alcohol will help w/ that too)

Let sit in ear for about 10 min. Do this a few times a day & it will be better in no time. I get swimmers ear all the time, & this has worked %100 of the time, every time.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• it could be an inner ear infection, but most of the time it is an outer ear infection wich does not need any meds. Outer ear infections are common in summer time due to the hot weather, & all the time people spend in the water in summer which is why they call an outer ear infection "swimmers ear". Summer time is the perfect condition for an outer ear infection. An inner ear infection you can feel down your throat an in your jaw & neck, The pain is much more severe and can cause a ruptured ear drum. I'm betting she just has swimmers ear wich does not need antibiotics. Antibiotics should not be taken unless it is a life of death situation.

alcohol & vineger will do the trick!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• apple cider vinegar

Answer by rkoloms at 8:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2009