RAWA

I am considering donating to a group of women called RAWA. There website is rawa.org, however I cannot find out much more information about them (I have googled it). Does anyone know anything about them? They are the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan. I want to support women and orphans, but I do not want to support a terrorist group. So, do you know anything about them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Its not a terrorist organization. And its not on the watch list.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Thank you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• If you are having trouble finding out information about a particular group, that should send up red flags, don't you think? I would never send money to a group or organization without know WHO will be receiving it and what PERCENTAGE of that money actually gets to the intended recipients! But, that's just me! Money can be "lost" (unaccounted for) so much easier than actual supplies/care packages can!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2009