hospital time,Im not sure yet

do I go to the hospital if I start having contractions? or is it just when my water brakes? or what if my water brakes but I don't feel the contractions? when do I go?....Thanks..the time is almost here and I have my first and not sure what to do

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your water breaks, call your OB/midwife. When you start having contractions, start timing them. They should be coming pretty regular and about 4 minutes apart. Though, you should really ask your OB/midwife when they want you to call or come in. Each one has different guidelines.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• You should go if you are having several contractions. It is normal to have cramping here and there when you are close but if they are constant, start timing them.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• If your water breaks you go in contractions or not, I timed my contractions til they were 6 minutes apart before I went in. They were about 4 min. apart when i got there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• well with my first child my water broke and they told me to come in and they kept me, now i'm with my ssecond child and idk how that will go:) but good luck to both of us
    hotmamma09

Answer by hotmamma09 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2009