Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will I Be Arrested?

If the courts order me to return my step son to his mother and she comes to get him to pick him up and I won't give him to her and she calls the police, will they just tell me to give him to her and force me to give him to her or will I be arrested on the spot?
*Mom is abusing child but courts still forcing us to give him back*


Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (16)
  • They will order you to give him back. Talk to the police and let them know why you are not wanting to give him back. They have to make a report. Every time it's written down then that is documentation that you have reported abuse and they can't keep ignoring it. They won't arrest you unless they have to get physical with you to get him. They have to comply with the court order but you have the right to speak your concerns and have it documented. I refused to let a neighbor's child leave my house bc she said her step dad was molesting her. The police came to get her and I still refused to let her go. They talked with her then went to Step dad and mom then back. They kicked the step dad out of the house and then took her home. So police do listen if you tell them what's up

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2009


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • p.s. keep calling cps on the mom if she's still abusing him

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • I would contact a lawyer about this. If she abusing the child and the courts are so f*ing stupid as to still allow her to have custody of him, than something needs to be done. I wouldn't hand him over to the cops...they'd have to take him over my dead body. However there might be something you can to at least keep him until CPS or the police do an investigation of suspected abuse. I would ask your lawyer or call CPS yourself and see what they think.

    Answer by Ash9724 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • Well I was 17 and 7 months pregnant but here is what happened...

    I was staying with my dad, he was being a dick so I had my BF drive me to my mom's. He called the cops and they were just telling me "let's go" over and over. Then the police chief came and called them off because he said that it wasn't a big deal and I was somewhere safe. My dad ended up getting a ticket for driving w/o a liscence.

    Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • You're not going to do that any child any good by getting thrown in jail. Return the child. Call CPS. Let THEM take care of the situation. You're not a biological parent, therefore you should stay out of it. I'm not trying to sound mean, but the kid's father should be the one dealing with this.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • It would be over my dead body if I did'nt have my own son and ANON enough of the "Your the step mom mind your business crap". I've been mommy since he was less than a year old and my husband does care I just have a bigger set than he does.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • Well if the judge nor CPS found anything that supports your alligations of abuse, then I don't know what else you can do.

    Don't take him and run like Anon said. You'll just wind up in jail and nothing will get solved.

    Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 11:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • Oh yea and CPS isnt doing SHIT. They never do in NYC. Google Nixzmary Brown and a slew of others. My SS isnt going to become a fucking statistic!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • yes you WILL get arrested
    you have to get the papers changed
    get a damn good lawyer and fight it

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2009