Does your baby resist sleep?

My DD is 4 mos. and resists sleep so much during the day. She doesn't at night, only during the day. Some days she'll only take 2 or 3 3o mins. naps! When she does sleep more during the day she sleeps so much better at night. The prob. is she goes to daycare during the day, so I can't really ensure she's getting a long nap. What to do? How do you get your baby to sleep even though they fight with all their might?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have my sympathy I battle the same issue, my dd is 5 mos and its so tough to get her to take a nap. Here's what I do...I put her in a sling about 20 mins after her feeding, I will offer her a binky sometimes she takes it and other times not so much. I walk around patting her butt thru sling and walking at the same time it takes 20-30 mins but 90% of the time it works. Then I ease her into her cradle swing without taking her out of sling. Make sure her face is not covered if you try this. I turn the swing on and let her be this keeps her asleep for much longer, she used to wake up after 30 mins if put in her crib. Hope this works for you, and the daycare folks would probaly be willing to do this too, since they have to entertain a baby who won't sleep. TIP...when taking off the sling try not to move too much she'll wake up. Its crazy what we do, but if we didn't there would be no rest in this house. Good luck KIT.
    goodluck

Answer by goodluck at 11:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2009