If you call CPS on someone do they give that person notice before they investigate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I dont think so. I think it varies state to state, but i might be wrong.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• not usually. If they find something like a dirty house they might give them 30 days to clean up and then come back. My sister's dad calls and makes stuff up when he gets mad at my mom and they just show up.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• No, CPS has 24 hours to investigate a claim. No notice is required. They just show up to the persons house to speak with the child(ren) and parents.
    A.Day

Answer by A.Day at 11:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• No they do not. They will just show up at the child's school, parents work or the home. In some states, if the house is messy , the CPS will give 48 hours or so to get it acceptable and come back to check it out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• what they did in my case is talk to my oldest ds at school then came to the house that day at dinnertime..cps is very intrusive to the point where it should be illegal. They knew the name of my stillborn baby. Questioned my abillity to parent with having such a terrible loss. My dh has liver problems, he had to show documentation of that because the peds office was saying he had a alchol problem. All because of my daughters school saying she was really sick when she wasn't and we took her to urgent care ( which was closer) instead of the doctors office. My house was dirty too. But CPS said it was " kid dirty" not garbage dirty. But they did look over how much food we had too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• intrusive? very much so! They took my brothers kids away on his son's 7th BIRTHDAY!! the report stated there was no food in the house...there was food in the house and the report said kids were wearing shoes 3 sizes too small...how do you make a kids foot fit into a shoe 3 sizes too small??
    They take away kids first and ask questions later......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My friend got a phone call first. Then a visit. So i think sometimes they do.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You can be the best parents in the world, but some idiot can call CPS on you anonymously. A couple of strangers can traipse through your home, opening your drawers and fridge. They can privately "interview" your children. It's sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2009