How much would you pay?

I want to become a Child Care provider starting this fall. I was wondering what other moms thought was fair to charge for a week of care at 5 days a week and 8 hrs a day-with food and without food. I want it to be fair but not expensive. I was thinking $100 a week w/out food, $125 a week w/ food and $50 a week for after school care. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• Those charges are more than reasonable. Let me tell you from experience. I did home daycare for years and when I charged dirt cheap rates I got the flaky parents who didn't pay or paid with bad checks or constantly forgot to bring diapers and food or brought sick children to my home etc When I started charging slightly higher rates I got fewer responses but I got much better quality parents who treated me, my schedule, my children and my home with respect and since I was charging more I could afford to take care of less children. I would charge $125 a week without food and $140 with food (that is the going rate here) I would charge $55 for afterschool care as long as they were school aged. If the afterschoolers were 5 and under it was $65. Do yourself a favor and listen to me on this one!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I would pay those rates
    SgtsWife1982

Answer by SgtsWife1982 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Where are you located at? I am currently paying $90 a week and this includes meals

Angela30141

Answer by Angela30141 at 7:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You need to work up from your expenses: what will you be paying for liability insurance, licensing fees, etc.?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Nope around here it is $100.00 with food .half day still includes food.
    Anonymous