Denominational Help Please??

I know there is a Christian Denom that does not look kindly on piercings of any kind... What is it?

**I posted a question earlier about piercings. And was "informed" by many of the mothers that as long as the child is under their care it's up to them when they get their ears done and not the child, so if they want them done young and the kids don't want them later - tough. I have big issues with this. I always have. But I was wondering what denom see's peircings as bad, because this to me is one more reason to allow your children to choose what and when gets holes in it... It's thier body...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• IDK got my girls done at 3mths and I have another girl i will do the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i've never heard of that, sabrina. i feel like a child should be old enough to know she/he wants something pierced/will take care of the 'wound', etc...i think parents who do these kinds of things to their children are stupid. the way little kids play, the rough-housing..i'd be afraid something would get ripped out--of course, that parent would probably blame the other kid/the other kid's parent/or the school. at what point does ''oh isn't it cute'' become rational and responsible?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I know that Mormon only think 1 whole in each is acceptable but not advertised to due so and you wouldn't get kick out for it that's the most I've heard it is probably extremest or actually I am not positive but I use to have a Muslim teacher and I believe that was one of her rules. As for age I heard it's easier when their babies. My husbands thinks it should be their choice but I don't see that it hurts they can always chose to get more or even not to wear earings.

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I don't think I have seen any of the German Baptist or Mennonite people for around here wear ear rings. And I am pretty sure the Amish don't do it either.
    But, I agree with you. I'm not going to let my daughter (or my boys for that matter) get any un-needed holes put into their bodies until they are old enough to take care of them (unless they get them accidentally). As for piercing my daughter's ears, call me lazy, but I don't want to have to hold her down to take care of it for her. And my daughter is way to "rough" to have them done.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I guess I am what hairnazi thinks of as stupid because my kids got their ears pierced as babies.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 11:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2009