is what she is doing odd?

when dd was 9 mos, we gave her the easter eggs to play with. if i closed any, she would always pick them up and open them-they "had" to be open. recently (she just turned 1), she has started to hide things under my legs if i'm next to her, or under the rug in her room. she will look for whatever she hides several times. we got her some big legos & she will take them out & make sure they're separated, then put them back in. she does play a lot with other toys & loves books, but if she gets the legos or eggs, she has to make sure they're apart or open every time. is that odd? should i be concerned, or is this just a normal behavior? df said he was wondering if there was something wrong with her. she is very active, and exceeding her milestones. i am just worried now because of what df has said.

kyriesmommy13

Asked by kyriesmommy13 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds normal to me. Then again I don't like cabinets closed. I'm more of a person who likes open shelves and pots hanging from the ceiling.Everything in plain sight. It's just personal preferences She's fine

Answer by admckenzie at 11:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• its normal my daughter does this too and shes 2 and my son whos almost 1 does this as well its just their way of playing with them i guess
    cocobutt2002

Answer by cocobutt2002 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• She is remebering Easter and opening the egge- why dont you put some cherrios inside and give them to her for a special snack- she is intellient- do not worry- kids play with toys their own way
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry about it. My kids were fascinated when they discovered that the Easter eggs opened too.... and the Lego thing sounds fairly normal to me too.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Maybe a little OCD? When my sister was a baby she had to have everything the way it was supposed to be. If her bottle fell over she would pick it up and put it on the table and always put her toys over in her corner. This was when she was like 7 months old and just learning to crawl. Now she is 6 and a total mess, it might just be a learning thing, like part of her development.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I think thats cute, you should video tape her as a memory doing that and when she's older compare and contrast the behavior...its just her personality I think
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My son is 14 months old and if we give him any fruit puffs to eat we usually just put them on his tray. He will pick them up one by one and put them into the cup holder. Then he will check over and over again to make sure they are there. I think children just have a way of doing things their own way.
    Anonymous

• yeah maybe some very young OCD but time can only really tell that
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Is it odd? Of course.
    Is it normal? Yep.

She's a toddler. Just about everything in the toddler years is odd.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• mine was the exact opposite of that, if it could be put together or closed, it HAD to be before it got put up. so for a year i'd have towers of leggos everywhere, that could not be taken apart, lids had to go on everything, even if it was an empty bin it had to have a lid. when she "helped" put away dishes, the pots and pans had to have a lid on it before it went away. every kid has their own weird little quirks but thats what makes them different. even as adults we all have something we are a little OCD about, even if its as simple as checking the locks 10 times before bed, or putting your keys in the same spot every day and if you don't worrying about where they are.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2009