Not being able to concieve a child and a relationship

I am scared of dating again because i have the fear me not being able to bare children can break up a relationship.I have children but my dr had me fixed due to my ilnesses .I attract great guys that have no children so that is where i get scared .any advice

hush84

Asked by hush84 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• The right man will not be bothered by the fact that you cannot have more children. I chose to get my tubes tied when I had my youngest son. My boyfriend knows that I can't have more kids and he is perfectly fine with it. He understands that my kids are it and that he will never have children of his own being with me. He loves me enough, and loves my kids enough, that he is happy with the situation. Just be honest with men about it, at the appropriate time, and it will all be fine. Also, you can casually bring up and ask men if they want to have children someday, and see what they say. I'd wait til 3rd or 4th date to do that, though. Also, just date for fun, don't think about the potential relationship, just enjoy yourself, and you may find that everything falls into place.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:56 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You may have to find men at your kids schools, or library activities, boy or girl scouts. There are plenty of single dads, I'm sure, and even if u date a single guy, there's a possibility that ur kids would be enough for him. I have a family friend who married a younger man who had never had kids of his own, and her kids were already about his age, and she was fixed. They decided to foster children and adopted 5 of them and they are happy as hell. The right man will come along for u, when the time is right, and you will workit out, don't be scared.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2009