do u think its okay to drink a LITTLE red wine while being pregnant..?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I never did, though the books and the dr's said one glass a day is ok
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• with each of my pregnancies through out the pregnancy (in the 2nd and last trimester not the first) i had about 3-4 glasses of wine (not at once, at a wedding or celebration of some sort, or in one case after an awful day) my doc ok'd it though. check w/your doc. but no one can say if its 100% safe, thats a decision you have to make on your own. if you feel it won't be than don't if you feel you'll be ok than go ahead. but just remember IF something does go wrong, you will blame yourself, even w/o drinking the wine. its just a risk you take when you make that choice, both my kids are perfectly healthy, so when i took the risk it turned out ok.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I serving a day is ok, some even say it is good. I think 1 serving is 4 oz... maybe 6 Not sure.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My doc told me it was ok on rare occasion. I even had champagne on New Years Eve when I was pregnant.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I always say, if you can live without it for 9 months and there is ANY way possible that it could potentially harm the baby, then wait it out. There will plenty of time to drink wine after the baby gets here. You made the committment to carry a baby and be responsible for this child's development.
    I am a huge wine fan and it was never hard for me to turn it down while I was pregnant.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• No. A little red whine wine won't do anything good for you, but it could do a lot of bad. Don't risk it. There's no point.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• If you have ever raised or been actively involved in the life of a child who suffered from fetal alchohol syndrome, it wouldnt even be an option. My middle daughter(adopted) and her bio sister both have this. It is so sad seeing her have such a problem with everyday life. For example, I can not tell her go clean your room. I have to break it down step by step. If she has a spelling test, she could study all night and know it perfectly but by the time morning comes all retention has disappeared. She tries so hard. It is heartbreaking. Her sister is even worse. She will never be mentally older than about 12. Most people never have a problem having a drink while pregnant, but is that glass worth the possibility?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2009