My brother is 12 years younger- we had babies this yr.- how do I get a relationship going?

The age diffence growing up kept us from being friends- and cause hes a guy- but we have kids now- same age- I wnat the kids to be friends and to have a relationship with my brother- how can I get it started- he is not a big talker. He always spends holidays @ his wifes relatives homes- I had him over for my babys baptizum.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Try talking to him, telling him you regret not being closer, and now that u are adults, u are hoping to be friends, because not only will it benefit both of u, but your kids as well.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Invite him to bring his kids to play in your kiddie pool or have a cook out. At first try to center it around the kids getting together, then you can work on being friends. My sister is 7 years older, we used to fight and try to kill each other(mostly me doing the "killing"). Now we both have kids and have grown up a lot. We get along good now and have dinner, watch movies, and just chillax.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I had the same issue with my brother except he's older. I didn't talk to him for years, but one day we were at Christmas dinner and he just told me he missed me and wanted our kids to have cousins to play with. We never had cousins. My moms only sibling now has a 2 year old, I'm nearly 30. My father was an only child! So we grew up with no first cousins. Just tell him you miss him. Invite him over for sinner, bbq, football game, anything you think he may like. Like NIKE says, JUST DO IT!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2009