i need answers because this is my 3rd child but my 1st problem...

i was told that i tested positive for downsyndrome but it turned out the nurse had my dates wrong and then everything was fine..and NOW this same nurse decided to refer me to a specialist for extensive tests...has any one had this problem?? and what are these tests???

priscilla2boys

Asked by priscilla2boys at 12:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i knw how u feel with my first child everything was perfect but now that i'm prego with my second child i was in the beginning that my child had extra fluid behind her neck which could indicate a problem. I was told that i should get an amnio to be sure, well i got the amnio and my test came back negative that was the happiest moment of my life! But i'm 36weeks and i still put my faith in God cause i won't be 100% until i'm holding my healthy normal baby girl in my arms..I hope this helps and good luck to u
    hotmamma09

Answer by hotmamma09 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• U can refuse the tests. I did. There are false positives all the time. Does it matter to u either way?
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I wasnt trying 2 sound bitchy neither! Just helpful.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2009