Formula

Can I pre-mix a bottle(water and powdered formula) and leave it in the fridge until DD is ready to eat? And if so, how long is it good for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can and its only good for 24 hours. Before i go to bed, I usually make 3 bottles and put them in the fridge. One in case she wakes up in the middle of the night, one for morning, and then another for her bottle before nap. It saves time.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Oh yea you're good.
    It keeps for 24 hours like the previous post.
    I've done it for when me and DD go on trips (my mom lives 6 hrs away so I need it) I make sure they're either hot so when she goes to eat it its warm, or cold in a portable cooler.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i used to sorta do that...i would fill all the bottles with water, put them in the fridge, then when i needed one, i would warm up the water, then add the formula..that way i wasnt wasting the formula if the 24 hrs was up.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• yes as mommylee says..
    however if they drink from it you can't put it back in the fridge (saliva gets back into the bottle, can make for bacteria build up). and it must be done right away after making. after an hour or two they go bad from sitting out without refrigeration.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I have stopped it because it takes FOREVER heating up..AT night I just fill the bottle with the disared ammount and scoop formula into the formula container. So its always room temp. I also have a bottle of water incase i need to make more..Never been easier :D
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2009