Is there a hygenic way to play bobbing for apples?

My son wants desperately to have this as a party game at his next birthday, but I think it's disgusting and can't figure out a way to do it. He said we could just give each kid their own bucket of water and apples, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the game, right?

sparrowprincess

Asked by sparrowprincess at 12:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Health

• Another way to do it is to tie a string to each apple and hang them up. Each kid tries to bite his apple with his hands behind his back. The first one to do it, wins.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• you can play bobbing for donuts....
    You take the regular round donuts, and attach them to a string that you dangle from a long stick.
    all of the donuts are dangling and each kid (with hands behind their backs) has to try to eat their own donut off of the string without letting any peices fall to the ground.
    HILARIOUS game.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Those are both AWESOME ideas! My uncle owns a donut shop, so I could probably work out the donut idea very easily... Thanks!
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 12:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2009