How can I make myself look older?

Dead serious, haha, I know most of the time it's the other way around. The thing is though I'm 21 and I'm a married mother of two. That's not a problem, but I look like I am probably 15! If I was 15 and a mother, that would be fine, but I'm not and I'm tired of people asking me how old I am or just staring at me! Even when I'm out without the kids with my husband I get looks because he probably looks like a cradle robber and he's only 25, but looks his age! I dress conservatively and I wear my hair back most days since it adds maybe a year or two on, but what else in the world can I do? The one thing I know I probably should do is wear make-up, but we live in Florida and the heat is so much I prefer not to have it melting off of my face most days. Besides I really am not good at it anyway and probably look younger with it on just because it looks so poorly done. Help me somebody, lol!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Adjust your wardrobe and focus on style. It is tempting to wear your T-shirts and shorts everywhere you go but these make you look like a kid. Look older by wearing solid, dark colors and simple patterns. Stay away from wild prints and outrageously bright colors. Stick to classically cut clothing and avoid the latest trends. Trendy clothes immediately make your youth identifiable.
    Get a grown-up hairstyle. Pull down the ponytail and get rid of the pigtails. Visit a salon for a sophisticated and stylish hairdo. You're young and it's the best time to experiment with you hair. Your youthful face can pull off just about any hairdo. A short hair cut done correctly makes you look older and gives you your own style. Get highlights or low lights to add depth and dimension to your flat and youthful hair.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• do you have a picture? Not to be nosy, but it could help so we could give you tips on fashion and small make up tricks and hairstyles that may help.
    (sometimes a certain hair cut helps)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Wish i looked younger! I really have no idea.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Accessorize to look sophisticated. The right accessories make you look older. Experiment with wearing glasses to give yourself a more mature look. Choose simple jewelry that compliments your outfit but is not distracting. Select pieces that are small and subtle as opposed to overly large and sparkly.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Start smoking j/k but sadly it did age me faster.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Do CRACK!! jp..
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 12:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• a shorter hair cut can also help make you look older
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I like the glasses idea. Thanks! I would love to try short hair too, but my husband loves my hair long and even whines when I get it cut up to my shoulders! You had great tips though, xxhazeldovexx! And I'm laughing at gigi's comment, hahaha, but I'd rather not get started especially with it getting to be so expensive these days, lol, j/k!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

Actually, many times a shorter hair cut makes most women look younger, though some cuts can help you look older. I wore my hair longer when I was younger because I looked pretty young anyway. When I was 24 I got carded when going to a rated R movie... wth? It was frustrating looking so young, but now I appreciate it. I will be 40 in a few weeks and recently got my hair cut pretty short. My neighbor told me I now look like I'm in my late 20's. I could have kissed her! I know it's frustrating, but try to also appreciate that you look young. If you look 15 now at age 21 then maybe when you're 40 you'll look closer to 30! : D

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• eyeliner. just put it on the inner part of your eye. and mascara. thats the easiest. and try high heels. not hooker 10 in heels with dice in them lol...sophisticated heels. Im 19 and a mother of 2 (they are twins) and we get sooooooo much attention. 1, because they are adorable and identical so they get tons of stares, and 2, because im 19 and look 16. lol When people ask if they are mine, i smile and say yes, and i love being a mom. They give me the "huhhhh...crazy" smile and say wow you guys look soo young. Ya, its cuz i am, and i am glad i am a young mom because i can still play with my kids and not be out of breath while you on the other hand, are huffing and puffing over having to crawl around with them for ten minutes. Have a nice day! haha
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2009