Baby wakes himself up?

Does anyone else's baby hate to sleep during the day? My baby is 5 weeks old and has started fussing a lot during the day. He will act like he is hungry even tho he has just had 5 ounces. He will be lying in my lap just fine, then look up at me and start crying, and then stop 20 seconds later. He will start to fall asleep, get into light sleep for about 20 minutes, and then right before deep sleep, startle himself awake. He will let me hold him in one position for about 4 minutes before struggling and crying, then doing it all over again when I switch positions. Anyone have this experience or any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it sounds like gas to me...try mylicon gas drops and see if that eases his pain a little bit.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Oops, neglected to mention that when he first started fussing (pre-growth spurt) we also noticed what seemed to be as discomfort, so we have been giving him Mylicon. His gas seems to be under control, which is why I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas what it might be. I thought he might have nightmares too, which unfortunately, no one can do anything about...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Mine did that. Then I let them sleep on him sleep on his tummy and he went from sleeping 10 minutes at a time to sleeping for 3 hours.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2009