my son is almost one year old and latly he has been biting me(and only me) how can i get him to stop that?

aarond08

Asked by aarond08 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You're child seems to be old enough to experience time outs.
    To try:
    Soon after your child bites you, give him a warning (polite but firm) saying "NO!"--only ONE warning. If he does it again, put him in a time out spot for one minute (one minute for each year of age). Turn your back and walk away. If he moves from his spot, put him back and restart the timer. Keep doing it (even if he puts up a fuss) until he finishes his minute. After he finishes, put him on your lap, hold him in your arms lovingly and say politely but firm, "You don't bite. That hurts mommy. Give hugs and kisses (while giving him hugs and kisses)" If he does it again, you have the choice of either spanking his hand and firmly saying "NO biting" or you can keep practicing the time outs. There is no 24 hour cure. This is simply a behavior that needs to be modified with time and patience (I know it's easier said than done). Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• He may be enjoying the response he is getting from you. It is difficult to not react to being bitten. Try to not give him alot of expression and don't scream. Try to down play the event.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 4:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2009