How long were you with your DH/SO when you....

first said I Love You and who said it first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I believe it was 2 or 3 months. I waited for him to say it first, although I knew it for a little while before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• 6mths and he said it first. I was 2 shy. 2wks later he proposed.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 1:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• August will be our 7th anniversary.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 1:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• The first time we dated, he told me a month later. It was too soon for me. I broke up with him a month after that.

When we got back together, he told me (again) two months later. I told him five months after we got back together, so 3 months after he told me.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• He said it like 2 months after we first met. He was 16 and I was 14
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 1:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• It took quite a while. Almost 9 months. But I knew he really meant it when he said it. He proposed after we were together 2 years and 3 months. I know that he doesn't say or do anything unless he really means it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• we didnt get serious until we said our I LOVE YOU's up until that point we were friends but it was leading to more and we both knew. I said it first he said it a couple weeks later. he said he was scared because he felt like he was gonna be with me forever and he was not done having his fun yet but he chose to sacrifice that to be with me
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• we were only dating about a week...and he said it first...
    we're coming up on our 5 year anniversary
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• 2 days and he said it frist. At 2 weeks he proposed.... I thought he was nuts but we've been together 8 years. We've been married 6 years in Aug
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• We had been friends for like 6 months, dating for 2, and he said it first - really took me by surprise and I thought about it a couple weeks before I said it back, just to make sure I knew how I felt and was sure of my decision.

Answer by missanc at 1:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2009