How accurate are u/s?

My first u/s was done at 15weeks, I was told it looked like boy #3.... I asked for a clear shot so I could assure my self but was told to ask on the next visit.....next visit was last wk and I was 19weeks.told the same thing but when I asked to see the penis I wa told that there was not a clear enough shot to show me and it frustrate me because I have my 2 boys old clothes that I've had bagged to gve away to a lady that's in need by I'm afraid to give my clothes and it be a boy and I don't want to get upset if it's not knowing I could of helped some one in need....thankyou

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends on the technician and how experienced they are. I'd say if you got told two times then it's probably a boy. The baby is turning and moving so it's not always easy for them to show you a clear shot. If it helps, my friend was 15 weeks and they said it was a boy, and it was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• well my u/s technician told me it was a boy and i got to see the little penis. so u should ask to get a clear picture of it before they tell u boy or girl
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Almost always when they say boy, it's a boy. Girls can be trickier. My brother was told girl 3 times, and the night the baby was born I found out I had a nephew! He was just hiding... With my daughter I was always told my baby would be a girl. I had several u/s and plenty of clear pix.
    Marilynz_Mommy

Answer by Marilynz_Mommy at 2:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• There not always that accurate but usually if they say it's a boy than it is. it's girls that get mistaken more often. With my son they said that it was a boy and I never got a clear shot but they know it was because they saw the scrotum, so they kew for sure he was not a girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I have 2 boys and it was way obvious!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Well from you saying they told you "not a clear enough shot to show me" sounds like you've had ultrasounds and the tech doesn't let you watch it. When it's our OB regular ultrasounds you should absolutely be given the opportunity to watch it on the screen. My OB's office u/s room has a tv screen mounted on the wall for parents to watch, it even has a vhs in it and you can bring your own tape to record the u/s's! I would demand that I get to view the u/s as it happens. The only time I've ever heard of you NOT seeing the u/s is when you are at a hospital, the tech's there usualy aren't allowed.

But I'd maybe look and see if there are any 3D/4D u/s places in your area. That will show you definately if it's a boy or girl!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I just saw the last reply and wanted to add that my brother's gf had a 4D done as well, and the disc was labelled "Baby Girl"...Sebastian is definitely not a baby girl.
    Marilynz_Mommy

Answer by Marilynz_Mommy at 10:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2009