who fasts?

when do ppl fast? for what denominations?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I fast when my heart is deeply troubled by something, or when there is a certian thing people are fasting for I will join in at times. I am not apart of a particular denomation. The last time I fasted for something was when my husband said was done with our marriage. I fasted for 40 days and prayed continuously as well as meditated on the blble. I saw miracle after miracle during this timem and it really helped me lean and wait on God when I was feeling hopeless and broken.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• you didnt eat or drink anything for 40 days?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I want to fast. I think it would be wonderful to do. But not necessarily for religious reasons. Although it would be a bonus. ...But i really need to do my research before i decide to do this body cleansing. And i'm going to have to be careful because i have a tendancy of collapsing during my cycle if i dont eat enough. But if i do fast it would probably be for only 2 weeks. And then 1 week of only raw veggies and fruits.
    And i am Pagan.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Fasting is OK with every denomination I know it. It is not required though. It is something that someone makes a comittment to do on their own :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I'm Catholic, we fasted on Fridays during Lent and we have a calendar that marks all special days for fasting or abstaining from meat and we follow that. We also don't eat meat on Fridays, which is not a requirement but is an old tradition that we prefer to take part in.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i am muslim. i fast during the month of ramadan. for 30 days we fast from sunrise to sunset. We awaken before the dawn prayer and we eat . we do not eat or drink again until the sun goes down. We can also do this as a form of worship during the year when ever we like. many people fasts on mondays and thursdays, or first three days of the month or three days during the middle of the month.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I fast when my heart is deeply troubled by something, or when there is a certian thing people are fasting for I will join in at times. I am not apart of a particular denomation. The last time I fasted for something was when my husband said was done with our marriage. I fasted for 40 days and prayed continuously as well as meditated on the blble. I saw miracle after miracle during this timem and it really helped me lean and wait on God when I was feeling hopeless and broken

That is absolutely beautiful!! God bless you!!

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• "you didnt eat or drink anything for 40 days?????"

Fasting does not mean that you don't eat or drink anything at all for the amount of time that you are doing it. With Catholics during Lent for example, you are allowed to eat a small meal in the morning, a small meal in the afternoon and then a larger meal in the evening that cannot be larger than the size or amount of the 2 other meals combined. You can also drink like normal. I'm sure there are variations, like some who don't eat or drink anything from the time the sun comes up to the time it goes down, but fasting isn't starving or completely depriving yourself of food or drink. You need those things to survive.
    Anonymous

• anon.. no I fasted from sweets... because that is my weakness. I am breastfeeding, so I can't fast from everything, and if you do... 40 days is too longf for that.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009