Seeking info regarding: Sacroiliitis & Kinesio Taping

Do you have Sacroiliitis? How are you dealing with the horrific pain? Have you been healed from it? I've seen doctors and have been given different answers, but the last doc was a pain specialist who said I have this condition. But, I'm not sure... because the place in my back where the pain is coming from, I can feel a bulge...like a pulled muscle...on both sides of my spine. I've been wondering if this can be healed by the method of Kinesio Taping. I first saw this being used last year at the summer olympics in the beach volleyball. Kerri Walsh who's half of our women's Olympic Gold medal team, had kinesio tape on her shoulder-can't recal what side, but it was mentioned why it was used and how it worked...and I'm researching it online too. Thanks for any help you can send my way! God Bless...

blessed33

Asked by blessed33 at 2:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Health

• Hi!
    I´ve just enter and sscribe to this site just to answer you.
    Im a physical therapist, a little far from where you are, I live in Chile, and work with the national soccer team. My wife has sacroiliitis, suffering this disgusting pain for like, 3 years in a pain - pain free rotation. In the last month I start to work with this technique, and I have to tell you, that we found some miracles results. But, must warn you, you also have to know what is causing your sacroiliitis, and start to fighting back with anothers therapies or exercices, my wife will start pilates next month so, the muscles in this area became strogers. Hope to help you.

Zinho
    zinho

Answer by zinho at 7:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2009