I have recfently noticed a few strange things going on with my 3 year old Daughter.

ME and her father aren't together and she goes over there 2 weekends out of the month, but here of late, she has been learning new words neither me or him say around her.The other week she held up some pink playdo she rolled into a cylinder shape and said "Dick" (sorry for the language) I have never said that word around her and neither has my family or her dad and his family. She has repeatedly grabbed her self, and i know this is a noramal step for young kids, more so when they are learning to potty train, but she has taken on this habbit of sitting on toys, taking her bath toys and placing them in between her legs, and when we ask her what is she doing she says something in baby garble. (she still is kinda hard to understand.) Also tonight when washing her hair i grabbed a towel to wipe some soap off her face (no tears) and she screamed as soon as the towel touched her face. "dont cover my eyes" or "dont want it in my eyes" or something very close to this. This is my frist child

skwdrw575

Asked by skwdrw575 at 2:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would take her to a counselor. If you have any fear that any type of abuse may have happened to her, then discuss this with the counselor. They have ways of helping children communicate. You may find it is just a stage, but it's better to be safe than find out later she was being abused.
    Caiged

Answer by Caiged at 3:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Some how, some where she has learned these things. Children do not know about these things unless they have been taught them. These are classic signs of sexual abuse...do not wait any longer, make an appointment today with her pediatrician for an evaluation of your concerns and probably a referral to a psychologist for a complete evaluation. It would not be a bad idea to put some cameras in your home...secretly...only you should know about them. More children are sexually abused by family members and friends than by strangers. You need to know what is happening with this little girl. They sell "nannie camera's" that come inside of stuffed animals and other clever things. Check out some sites on the internet. Please do not ignore these very serious signs.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I'de say someone has been watching porn while she has been in the room. Id also get her checked to see if she has been molested. She learned these things somewhere.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• it maybe and idea to get her checked out, but it may just be learning, from nursery if she goes, they can pick up new words gd and bad words, the toys between her legs, i did a nursery course and they said thing like that were normal cos they like the feeling,part of learning,(the teacher they said her child used to rub up against a pillow) they also say not to tell them not to do it but to say when ur in ur room on ur own,
    sammy04k

Answer by sammy04k at 10:38 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• She had to have heard those words somewhere. The sooner you find out where, the better. If she's an only child how would she know what a male genetelia looks like. I would be very concerned. Go to your paediatrician as soon as possible. The Dr will know where you should turn to investigate this further.
    Eliza34

Answer by Eliza34 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• think about any possible person in her life that could be teaching her these things... other siblings, older cousins, daycare, I hate to say even church.. nothing is out of the question these days.. I would leave no stone unturned and if she is doing that with pink play dough I would ask her questions like where did you hear that, but dont get mad at her or frustrated.
    Queen0Hearts

Answer by Queen0Hearts at 12:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Who watches her? You and her dad...anyone else? Ever? Like someone else said, maybe he has had pornography on in front of her thinking she won't realize what it is. I would definately take her to be examined. I would be scared if that happened with my kids...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i dont want to alarm you or scare you but it sounds like either someone has been doing things in front of her and nobodys wanting to fess up to it or someone close by is touchin her the way they shouldnt. shes gettin it from somewhere.whatever u do dont tell her doctor they would have dcf at ur house quick! jus talk to a councelor or someone u can trust about it
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Sitting on toys, touching herself and even rubbing toys and things between her legs is normal. I wouldn't worry about that unless she starts saying or doing other things at the same time that are not normal. Not wanting her eyes covered could be from having gotten poked in the eye, having gotten something in her eyes recently, or something similar. My daughter did something like that after she got sand in her eyes at the playground once and again after she was washing her hands and got soap in her eyes. But the playdough incident is worrisome. If she said that and knew what it meant, she had to have learned that from somewhere. It could be from another child, but maybe not. If she doesn't have other signs I would hold off on seeing a counselor or having her examined just yet. That might be traumatic for her in and of itself. I would keep a VERY close eye on every single person she is around and start asking questions of anyone she might have been around without me too.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I would take her to her Pediatrician ASAP and have her examined! Are you sure her Dad did'nt do anything to her? Your not there to see what happens behind closed doors. Never say he did'nt do anything, cause you don't truly know! Let the Peditrician know what she said and what she's doing. As far as the face, someone could have covered her face while doing things and it scares her. Thats why she don't want her face covered. Think about it. Good Luck.
    Anonymous