• In the Spotlight:

What can I get someone for a baby shower?

My cousin looks like she has got mostly everything on her baby registry list, I need some suggestions here. She is having a boy!

MinnieMouse8

Asked by MinnieMouse8 at 2:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• most places have really cute gift baskets (some for bath time, some for health supplies, some with bottles & binkies, some with clothes, etc etc). if everything else is already taken from the registry, look for a gift basket (stuff like baby lotions, baby bath soaps, & diapers run out...) check walmart.com or target.com for some cheaper gift baskets, too =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You could always get diapers. Or gift cards are really good! I'm having a baby shower soon, and I'm just hoping that people get things I'll need, rather than more clothes. I'd steer away from stuff that's cute, and get stuff she'll need. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Wipes, diapers, bottles, bottle cleaners, shampoo, soap. Things she can store for a little and use later. If you get diapers get 1's so she can use them a little later if necessary.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• DIAPERS!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 3:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Get something for her. Bubble bath, nice scented soaps, really nice towels. Sometimes people forget the momma in the baby shower and it is so nice to be remembered. She will appreciate the thought.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 4:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• If you are creative, something you've made is always special. Maybe something like a baby quilt, a little crocheted or knitted outfit, scrapbook pages, embellished burp cloths, a special photo of her that you've taken.
    SewingVeronica

Answer by SewingVeronica at 4:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You can never have too many diapers and wipes.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• The thing I like the most for my shower was a bottle sterilizer! It was very useful and came in handy! It was better than boiling the bottles and took less time! You can get it at Target.
    mommyamber2009

Answer by mommyamber2009 at 8:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Offer to pull together dinners for her for a week or so after she comes home from the hospital. You don't have to make them all, you can organize her close friends and family to bring by a meal (make the dishes disposable so she doesn't have to wash them) each night of the week. Sometimes, the best gift is help...
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 8:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I'm 32 weeks now and my SIL just had her baby 3 weeks ago. One thing she said after her baby was born was that they weren't supposed to put her in onesies until after the umbilical cord fell off. So they had to go out and buy little t-shirts and pants (plus she didn't fit in her clothes yet). During our child birth class they talked about the baby's nails and they have shirts and sleepers now in the newborn sizes that have a little thing on the sleeve that you can fold over their hands to keep them from scratching themselves. So, I would get the little gerber 3 packs of long sleeve shirts with the fold-over mitten things and pants - only because that's what I wish someone had gotten me. If she's planning on breast feeding, you could also get her some nursing pads - disposable or reusable, whichever you think she'd prefer.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2009