Why cant Mommies stand up and pee??? Asked by 3 yr old...

My son is getting curious... How would / did you answer questions like that asked by a 3 yr old???

edenmoseley

Asked by edenmoseley at 3:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell him you can stand up and pee but that being a mom makes you tired so you like to sit down and take a break when you need to go.
    It wouldn't really be a lie, we could pee while standing, we'd just make a mess, lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Oh gotta love kids questions. My 4 yo dd asked me why baby brother poops funny, and why I don't clean it til it's gone. She thinks his wee wee is poop. I just told her it's not poop it's where little boys pee from. She quit asking questions after that thank goodness. I don't know how to explain it the other way around.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:20 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I would just explain that he has something to hold on to and pee and mommy's don't, so we have to sit down. If he asks why, just say that's how Mommy's are made.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Just tell them the truth, use the real words and be done with it.
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 9:20 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Just tell him the truth- boys and girls are anatomically different and there's no reason to hide that fact. It's not inappropriate or sexualized to tell him that boys have penises and girls have vulvas (which happens to include a urethra, the tube we pee through- just women cannot 'aim' theirs like men can and hence it makes more sense to pee sitting down.)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Please just tell him the truth - boys and men have a penis, girls and women don't. He can stand up and pee because he can hold his penis and aim (lucky!), we can't, so we have to sit.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Honesty. You don't have a penis. You have a vagina. That means you just have a small opening that pee comes out of, you don't have a "hose" to hold and aim. SInce you can't aim it, you have to sit on the potty so all of the pee can fall into the potty instead of all over the floor.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I tell my children that I will explain it to them when they are a little older--just before they start kindergarten. I tell them that God made girls a little different from boys. I explain that one difference that they are asking about.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2009