When did you lose your mucous plug?

I started losing mine at 37 weeks, and I am almost at a 2 dialated...what about you? This sure is some waiting game!

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 3:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This pregnancy i dnt think ive lost it. Unless that clear shit is it. 39wks & 1cm
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 3:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• my friend is 31weeks & has lost hers twice already...i havent lost mine yet but im still only 23weeks...i've heard you can lose it several times throughout your pregnancy though, & it re-grows.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:43 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I lost mine around week 35. I was dialated to 2 for weeks, but I was not effaced so it was ok.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 4:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Please ask your Dr." Way back when" I had babys they said your "plug" kept infection out. I lost mine while in labor 3 times and so did my daughter.
    rudreamin

Answer by rudreamin at 5:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i started losing mine at 30 weeeks
    if you dont go in to labor it kinda remakes itself
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• 37 weeks 2 cm 70 percent effaced. I had my water broken at the hospital with both my previous kids but I feel like this one is just gonna fall out :P Carrying so low and so done! I'll be 38 weeks on Thursday. :P It IS a waiting game huh? And it is every single time I am noticing. I lost mine a few days before I had my last child... but he was 5 days late. Every one is totally different...
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 7:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I lost mine when my water broke. 37 3/7 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• With my first I lost it at 35 wks and 5 days. My water broke 2 days later and my son was born the next day. With my second I lost my mucus plug the same day that I went into labor.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 10:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I started losing mine in early labor (although, I'm the rare exception...I was in a very hard painful early labor for 4 DAYS before I had my baby on the 5th day at 42 weeks pregnant.) I kept losing bits and pieces of it during those 4 days. I was trying a VBAC but was not successful. It took me 5 days to dialate from 1 to 6cm. My husband and I are convinced I would have died if there were no doctors to perform c-sections. My story is too scary to elaborate on...and my intention is not to scare you...but yeah...you can lose all of your mucus plug at once (usually happens during active labor) or bits and pieces of it over days or even weeks. GL, you're already at 2cm so early on in your pregnancy. I was 1cm at 41 weeks. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful delivery and soon you'll be a mama, congrats!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2009