my toddler 2 and 3 month takes many steps alone according to one therapist

another therapist ( more experienced) HAVANA SHOULD BE WALKING ALL OVER WITHOUT FEAR . THAT SHE NOTICES HER Knees BUCKLE A BRACE FOR HER LEG MEASURED THE OTHER DAY AND SHE NEEDS LACED UP SHOES TO FIT BRACES IN. I'm super fine with/ PT DISAGREE ON THE NEED FOR braces.
ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON JUST TOOK FIVE MINUTES TO SEE HER, THE CHILD WAS SLEEPING AND MADE An EDUCATED GUESSS THAT SHE MIGHT HAVE HAD A SMALL HICUPP IN VITRO .IT MAY BE A VERY MILD CASE OF CP . I'm bothered HE dint READ ANY of her pt charts dint know OF HER PROGRESS OR WHAT HAVANA HAS ACHIEVED IN A YEAR. I TOLD HIM I DINT BELIEVE HIM. AND HE JUST SAID OK BRING BACK INA YEAR ILL TAKE ANOTHER LOOK. to me A COMPLETE IDIOT
ALL THESE DIFRENT OPINIONS? I GO CRAZY WITH DOCTORS that are not truly informed and make educated guesses.
HAVANA N0W SPEAKS 30 WORD WALKS AROUND H0LDING ON TO stroller FOR LONG WALKS should doctors not communicate with pt?

youmakemydreams

Asked by youmakemydreams at 4:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Therapists are people too, their opinions can differ. My daughter has had a total of 15 therapists and she's only three! We've moved a lot! But I can tell you, there has been a whole lot of differing opinions. Some think she'd benefit from being out of her braces, the orthopedic doc thinks they're great for her, but her old orthopedic doc didn't want to get them for her, etc. You have to go with your gut, and be an advocate for your child. If you weren't happy with the orthopedic doc, request a different one. Or wait a month and go back with a new complaint. If she has braces and you're not sure she should have them, put her in them half the time and see how her walking goes. My daughter walks much better with her braces, but we've been told by some therapists that she needs to build up strength without them, so she wears them half the day, and goes barefoot/ regular tennies in the afternoon. Make your own decisions.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2009