is this normal?anyone else experience this

I'm going on 36 weeks with my second child and lately my DD who's 2 has been acting up alot lately and throwing tantrums for just about anything.Last night while having dinner she comes to me to pick her up as I'm about to she pinched my boob about 2 minutes later again she comes to me and this time bites my boob again after that she pinched me again .it wasn't because I was ignoring her as we'd come back from the park prior to that.A friend of mine told me it's because she can feel that I'm close to birth.Is this true or has anyone else experienced this if so how'd you handle it?

greenmaniac

Asked by greenmaniac at 4:20 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• New one to me. My 20 month old didn't do anything like that to me before I had my youngest. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• im 33 weeks and my son doesnt do that and hell be 2 on the 13 of july....he knows i have a baby in my belly and he might throw a fit....but he is never violent.....the only thing i can say is keep her involved as much as possible....let her help change the diapers and with feeding....my son has gone to all of my dr appts and he seems fine with it....i know once the baby is here it will be different....but just try to keep her involved the best u can..good luck
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Did you nurser her and wean due to the pregnancy? This could be her way to show she is not happy about that. It may also be her way of showing she needs more mommy time.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I do think toddlers can sense things about pregnancy, that or they understand more what we talk about than we realize. She may know you are about to give birth and she is demanding extra attention or she might just be being two. I swear the minute we told me 2 year old I was pregnant she wanted to be carried around everywhere. I think it just a way for her to be a baby for a couple months. Good Luck.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2009