40 wks not alot of fetal movement.

i am 40 wks, not experiencing very much movement at all from the baby.
no contractions or cramps either.
is this normal, should i go to the hospital ?

babymomma4

Asked by babymomma4 at 4:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you have had a decrease in movement go to the hospital
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I agree with Mrs.owen88 if your having a decrese in movement go to the hospital. My son was born by emergancy c-secton because i had went in for lack of movement and they couldn't get him to move, and his heart rate dropped alot so they induced but that was worse, not trying to scare you or anything but my son was what they call a blue baby. He was blue and not breathing when they took him out but the rececitated(sp) him, now he is a happy and healthy 10 month old
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I'd go and get checked, but also keep in mind that as your baby grows there isn't a lot of room to move anymore, so they can't move around like they used to
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Go get checked at L&D a.s.a.p!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My baby was 9 pounds & 1 ounce and born at 42 weeks pregnant...he moved and kicked around all the time, BIG movements, until the very end of my pregnancy...so, I would be concerned.

So, I don't necessarily agree when people say the bigger the baby there's less room. It all depends on how much amnionic fluid you have. I had a lot, so it gave plenty of room for my baby to move.

GL and hope all is OK with your baby.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• yea go to the hospital. the baby is probably more than ready to come out just needs some help. and little movement is normal at that point. also you may be goin into labor just not noticing yet. when i went into labor with my daughter she stopped all together and then my water broke.
    nattysmommie

Answer by nattysmommie at 12:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2009