Does the Blood Type Diet work?

I am looking for a permanent lifestyle change. I want a diet that I can follow and will work but I want something that is healthy. Does the blood type diet work? Is it safe? Is it healthy?

Joshiesxmama

Asked by Joshiesxmama at 4:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Health

• I have read a bit about it, and it seems like nonsense to me. You are on the right track, though; you don't need a diet, you need a lifestyle change to get to and maintain a healthy weight, this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2009