• In the Spotlight:

Gosh my brother and his GF are so wishy washy!!!!!!!

We have had a week long ordeal of GF DD (12) getting her boob grabbed by the kid down the street (17) and her and my bio niece (11) and the other neice posting sexy pics on Myspace. I have been telling them that they are too young and dumb to have a Myspace, but do they listen to me? NOOOOO! My brother got pissed night before last because they were on the internet at grandmas house and they were posting more racy photos, I had to hear him for 2 effin' hours last night during the fireworks about how it is BS that they are allowed on the comp all night while grandma is asleep and that is it! NO MORE MYSPACE!!! Well the dummies let the girls spend YET another night at this house and guess what? I just went on Myspace and one niece is logged in as we speak and the others last log in was 8 huors ago. Should I tell them or let them stay stuck on stupid????

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 5:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• id tell him
    no 12 year old needs to be doing that

u have myspace?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Lol, if he bitc**s one moment then lets they go back to doing what they were doing in the first place then i doubt saying anything is gong to change that. I remember being that age, and i had my own comp in my room with full internet access, but i never got myself in trouble.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I agree with telling. Mostly because it can be a safety issue. There are plenty of perverts getting on myspace and posing as kids. If your brother is trying to correct the risky behavior, how will he be able to do it if they're hiding it from him? How would you feel if something bad did happen to one of them and you kept the secret that they're doing it behind his back?
    It takes a village to raise a child. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Yup! I told them last night , they got home to vent some more at 12:30 am, I was tipsy and STILL giving them sound advice which killed my buzz lol. But they are so damn quick to let the kid spend the night anywhere! I give up, I am telling my brother tomorrow that I have tried to be the village helping them raise their kids and my own son by myself. They say stupid things like "well the girls are bored" well then do what I did, fill out the little application that puts them in a nice day camp from 7:30am to 3:30pm and it gives them something to do! I do this FOR my son who hasn't even given me these MYSPACE probs. OMG I feel pissed now.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Id tell him one more time and then stop looking at the myspaces all together because eventually itll cause a divide and he's gonna parent how he wants to regardless of what you say. so i think one more check then dont look again so there is no reason to feel obligated to say something
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 5:39 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Anon 2:34 Good advice hon, but how do you let someone know CONSTANTLY of a problem and they still leave the girls at the very house this is all going on!? I call laziness and lack of accountability.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Thanks Dom!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Maybe you should be speaking to Grdma. My other thought was to give the girls a tour of the internet pervert style. Explain that the pervs who might be staling them some day are also visiting porn and put it right in their faces. Then again that might lead them to believe that if they are willing to strip they don't need daddy anymore. It is a fine line to walk. But your brother isn't giving them enough positive attention so they are going to get attention anyway they can!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Try seeing if Grandma can put a password on her computer so they can't even get on there. Those girls are way too young to be posing/posting racy photos online.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i would go get them kicked off. say that they are underaged and you are family and then i would lock the computer. i would also envest in a computer desk that you can lock. my mom has a computer desk that you put the computer in a cubby hole with a dore on it and when your not using it you lock it up so they only have access to the monitor. it still works for my mom when she leaves my 15 year old sister alone at home. my sister is the same way.
    nattysmommie

Answer by nattysmommie at 12:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2009