What are the special underwear that mormon wear? what do they look like? Someone told me that the mormon men do this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• my husband said his dad wore this all the time when he was a kid
    Mrs.Owen86

• Do they have to be so unattractive? God doesn't like pretty unmentionables?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Do they have to be so unattractive?

Probably that was the whole idea
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• LOL
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 9:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• wow...thats not what my BFF's in high school looked like! she said that anything could be worn so long as it was blessed by the church. hers were more like a pair of boy shorts & a cami. she had like 3 pairs & didnt always wear them. she said they only HAD to be worn when she was in the temple, but some days she just felt like she needed to wear them.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Yeah, there's a few different fitts and fabrics, more spandex ones or thin mesh ones...My sister has 'em and they look so comfy. And help keep you from looking skanky w/ short shorts or having your butt crack fall out of your pants. I want to go to the temple one day so I can have some of my own. You feel protected and safe from harm when you where them. Some people have had terrible things happen to them and they came out of it in perfect condition because of their faith in those garments having been blessed or whatever. They help you remember that your body is a temple when ever you put them on. You'll probable not cheat on your spouse if you rememberd what you had on underneath...lol! That's a plus, right?
    hermajesty2

Answer by hermajesty2 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Oh noooo, thats what the church sells. They've always had a pattern for the garments.

You also have to be a temple worthy member to wear them. So no teens would be wearing them(unless it was a 19 yr old who was preparing for his mission and had been through the temple).

They arent as uncomfy as they appear.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Oh, and they are worn as a remembrance of the covenants/promises you make in the temple. Thats mainly why they are worn. Some believe they feel more protected wearing them too.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• This question has been asked a million times on this site. Why are people so obsessed with the underwear Mormons wear? How does their underwear have anything to do with you?? No one ever talks about Catholic priests underwear
    Anonymous