13 and having sex???

thanks to everyone who showed me some support when i posted this question last week about my teenage niece. i had a long talk with my niece over the weekend and i wrote my sister a letter. my niece gave it to her and we all sat on the couch together while my sister read it. my sis was very appreciative of my 5 day ultimatum and thanked me for being honest in the end. and my niece is not mad at me...and i explained to her, i can still be told things in confidence that i will not tell her mom, but that this was too major to keep from her. she said she loved me and will still come to me when she needs to...she is coming over today:)
she has lost her freedom and her cell phone, but those are the breaks...her fun summer ended very promptly lastnight, but in time, she can earn those things back by acting more responsibly.
WOW...i feel a 1,000 times better. thanks again for all your opinions!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• i dont think i saw your question but i am glad it all worked out im glad she understands too good for you stepping in and helping i hope she relizes sex can wait at least til she is outta high school

good

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I am glad that everything worked out! I think you did the right thing. It is nice that your niece can confide in you, and feels comfortable telling you such things. I am glad your sis took the news well. I hope all works out for your niece.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009